Sunday, March 22, 2015

Planes, Trains, Cars, and Karma


Designed by Luca Caltabiano
Published by Board to Death Games
2 to 6 Players
90 Minutes
Card Movement, Take-That, Race
(6/10 Stars)

Carmarace was one of my very first Featured Kickstarters when I started doing so on my blog back in August of 2013 (you can find my first Kickstarter type interview with Carmarace's designer Luca at this LINK). Boy does time fly! I apologize for getting this review of the final product out to you so late in the game, but I think that Carmarace successfully accomplished what it set out to do, and they created a high quality board game that has solid game play mechanics, funny card text, and is a good time as the game provides lots of player interaction - not to mention laughter.





Players are racing "across the country" (or a 6 panel game board) to get to a convention to get a limited edition collector's item. That is the theme anyway. The game does a good job at carrying the race feel throughout the game. The karma element provides great interaction and "take that" action.

The game is enjoyable. It seemed like the game took much longer than I was expecting (box says 45 to 60 minutes, but it takes more like 90 to 120 minutes) and even though I like the game play, quality of the components, and player interaction - I was ready for the game to end. Definitely one that I will play in the future, but I may play around with starting at a location closer to the convention to shorten the game length and that is How Lou Sees It! (Check out the more detailed video review below!)


I was given a copy of Carmarace by Board to Death Games for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment